I wonder if I will ever stop being so sad.
I know that I give an outward appearance of basically having my shit together. And there is absolutely a trend towards "better" happening. I wear makeup now. I put effort into my appearance. I crack jokes. I don't talk about Nina-Lou nearly as much as I used to. I don't cry in public anymore. I am enrolled in classes which start on Monday. I took on an internship. I work out. I wear new clothes. All of these things are good.
But I still cry most days. I still think about my daughter all the time. I still feel complete and utter anguish at the thought that we struggled for so long to carry a pregnancy to term, only to lose the baby in the very end. I will never, ever be excited about a pregnancy again. I will forever assume that any pregnancy I carry is doomed. I am still fucking empty and alone and I hate all of it.
3 months out is a weird place to be. No one talks about my baby anymore. I feel like it is easier for people to pretend she didn't exist than to acknowledge her life and death. I am filled with righteous anger and indignation when I feel her being ignored, yet, most of the time, I say nothing.
And fucking Mother's Day is approaching. Not looking forward to that one. I plan to sleep and drink my way through it.
I am still sad. My baby died and I wake up with that truth every single morning. I fear that my sadness is overstaying its welcome in the land of the living. I feel like a constant reminder to my friends of just how shitty things can be. I am a walking worst case scenario.
It still hurts. It still feels like a big empty nothing that tears through me and leaves gaping holes in its wake. It aches and it burns, and the fury I feel at the injustice in all of it is silent and utterly lonesome. The reality of my life as a bereaved mom is so overwhelmingly sad, and that sadness is so big, that if I let it all in, I fear I may choke and die.
Ultimately, we all grieve alone.
It's fucking hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment